Welcome to Humix, where we’re very passionate about creating digital experiences that are not only innovative and visually compelling but also inclusive and accessible to all. We’re on the hunt for an Accessibility Designer to join our dynamic team. This role is perfect for someone who already has a solid foundation in accessibility principles and is eager to expand their knowledge and apply it to ensure our projects are accessible to all.
While you’ll be focusing on accessibility, a background or interest in UX design will be considered a significant plus since you will be the bridge-builder we need to marry beautiful design with top-notch accessibility.
Join our team of digital innovators, where you’ll get the chance to grow into a leading expert in accessibility design.
What you’ll do
Advocacy for accessibility70%
User research for people with disabilities70%
Training and building expertise80%
What we expect
- A deep understanding of accessibility: You should be well-versed in WCAG guidelines, ARIA roles, and know how to implement these in both web and mobile designs.
- Experience with using assistive technology: You know how to use screenreaders, magnifiers and others both on desktop and mobile devices.
- Team collaboration: You’ll work closely with our UX/UI designers to weave accessibility into our design processes right from the start.
- User research skills: You should be able to conduct accessibility audits and user testing with individuals with disabilities to collect valuable insights and feedback.
- Advocacy and training: You’ll be an advocate for accessibility within our team and our customers, offering insights and training on best practices.
- Problem-solving skills: You’ll need to identify and solve accessibility barriers in both new and existing designs, coming up with effective solutions.
- Project management: Ability to manage multiple accessibility projects, ensuring compliance with accessibility standards across all digital platforms.
- Communication skills: Strong communication and interpersonal skills are key, as you’ll need to explain the importance of accessibility.
- Continuous learning: We value your commitment to staying up-to-date with new technologies, tools, and practices in the accessibility field.
- Languages: Being bilingual in Dutch and English is required.
- UX Design experience: If you have previous experience or a strong interest in UX design practices, tools, and methodologies, that’s a big plus.
- Certifications: Any training certifications in accessibility (such as IAAP’s CPACC or WAS) or UX design-related fields will stand out.
- Languages: If you can also speak and write in French, that’s a big advantage.
Apply now, and let’s embark on a mission to make digital experiences so accessible, they set a new standard for the web!